A little about me...
I am a special education teacher, with a focus on emotional behavior disorders and autism. My days are filled with kiddos that like to keep me on my toes...always an adventure! I have been in my current school for 7 years and have been working with kids for much longer. I am constantly learning new things and coming up with new ways to help kiddos that others sometimes give up on.
Many may say that I can be somewhat of a medical mystery. One of the reasons is that hat, when I was in my 20s, I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia. What is fibromyalgia? Hmm...I like to call it my "disease". At first, I used this term in jest, but it has more recently been classified by some as an auto-immune disease. It has been a huge learning process for me. I like to pretend, and have for years, that it doesn't affect me, but have been working on acceptance in the past few years. In all truth, it makes me really tired...to the point that it's hard to get far from my couch some days. It also causes widespread pain...in joints, muscles...everywhere. Some describe it as having the achy body flu sypmtoms every day without having the flu. I have tried many different things to see if they help take away or at least lessen some aspects of the fibro and I will continue to do so. Many people suffer from chronic pain and it's hard to find people who really get it so I find it refreshing when people are real about what they're going through. So, I hope to be able to provide comfort to someone who feels they are alone in this so that the hey realize there are many of us out there.
I admit, I have fully enjoyed the creation of Pinterest and like to try my hand at different things. I got a sewing machine a couple of years ago and have made a slew of blankets and a few other things. Many of the things I find that I want to try are for my adorable niece (Alex) and nephew (Chase) who are twin 6 year olds. They are amazing and I seem to find so many things that they "need" to have.
Thanks for reading and joining me in this crazy journey!
No comments:
Post a Comment