Finding things that are easy and healthy to eat is not easy. Things that are good for you are often really expensive...why is that, anyway?! So, I am constantly looking for those easy healthy meals. One of the effects of my fibromyalgia is that, after a full day of work with kids battling with me all day, my fatigue is so strong it literally hurts me to then have to make dinner when I get home. I have been working on trying to make something on Sunday that I will then have leftovers to eat for the rest of the week. This is especially important on a week like this one where I have conferences two nights during the week.
Here's this week's meal, which has become a favorite because it's so easy, filling, low calorie, and yummy!
Spaghetti squash - before I started making this, I had never really heard of this squash and usually steer clear of squash. But, believe me, it's different than you might expect! Here's what it looks like...Target usually has them in stock in the produce section.
These things can be a beast to cut open! So, being the clever one I am, I thought, I will get a pumpkin carving kit and that should be easier since it's kinda like a pumpkin...
Well, it was fabulous for the first side, but as you can see, it didn't last long! My search for an easy way to cut spaghetti squash continues...
After it's cut, all you do is put it in a pan (you can have it open side up or down in the pan), put a little olive oil on it and put it in the oven at 350 degrees for around 45 minutes.
When it's done, just take a for to it and it will shred it up and make it into strands sort of like spaghetti.
There are so many recipes of things you can do with spaghetti squash, but I often just throw some marinara on it and I like to add some meatballs for some protein. (These meatballs are Simek's mini turkey ones...yummy and adorable. Just heat them up in the microwave!).
Give it a try! It's easy and yummy! Enjoy!




No comments:
Post a Comment